kitchen light redo

we finally got a kitchen light to replace the one that sparked and burned out our first week in the house (it took 2 years!). it's from the Restore ( a great place for 2nd hand house supplies), it cost 12$!.
We spray painted the the decorative nut silver from the outdated brass then I found some great craft paper ( the kind for scrap-booking) to cover the old wood frame, this was such a easy project, just folded the paper and cut, used some double sided tape to attach the paper to the wood. it should hold for a while, I might need to add some glue if the tape quits holding.

I used a similar method for this lamp but used masking tape- which did not hold long, I will have to reinforce soon but basically used the old shade as a pattern for my decorative paper.

No comments: